scetch a plan for a dream.
Make a dream video
Monday, April 4, 2011
Wednesday, March 30, 2011
Monday, March 21, 2011
Friday, March 18, 2011
- Introduction Response(blog entry needs to include):
- Title and author
- Title and author worked in naturally.
- Genre of the book is describe
- Main Idea of the book is stated in a way that the reader understands the basics of the book in a few sentences (super short summary).
- The theme of the book is clearly written
- Literary analysis response frame-Summary Response:
- Setting - An Island in the middle of the southern Pacific Ocean
- Setting (time period and location) with specific details "Charles Darwin's On the Origin of Species" had just came out. so around 1860.
- Main characters - Mau, Daphne
- Main characters and descriptions and details
Mau - is a boy who is apart of a nation in an island of the southern pacific ocean.
Daphne - a young girl who is heir to the British empire. She starts out on a journey to meet her father.
- Conflict (problem) and conflict resolution (how problem is solved)
Mau is on a island making a raft to voyage across the ocean to reunite with his people. Doing so will change his boy soul into a man soul. Daphne starts out on a journey across the Pacific ocean to meet her father. As Mau is heading back a volcano erupts causing a tsunami to form. Mau reaches his home island only to find that everyone in his nation has died. Daphne gets separated from her ship and lands on Mau's island. Because of there different languages, their communication is very minuscule. At first Daphne is frightened by Mau and attempts to shoot him with a gun, but the gunpowder is wet and doesn't fire. Mau takes take action as a helpful attempt to start a fire. Daphne now understands that Mau means no harm. Their trouble now is finding more people to start his islands nation again.
- Use specific details, insights, or examples
- Specific details, and examples make sense and help the reader understand the story.